Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Traffic Circles Anger Me

Traffic Circles have been popping up all around Victoria.  They are not a new means of directing vehicles in high traffic areas though.  We have never really had much exposure on Vancouver island to using this type of traffic flow control.  So, for many of us there was no teachings in how to correctly maneuver a Traffic Circle correctly or safely.  In the last month I have had more annoyances and near misses with other drivers than usual. 
Always Yield to the vehicle already in the circle for they have the right of way.  When entering the circle you use similar rules as a four way stop.  If two of you get to the circle at the same time then the one on the right enters first.  I had to go online to ICBC to find the proper procedure for exiting a circle after someone colourfully let me know I had angered them.  My findings...use your right turn signal in advance when leaving a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment